Your support is essential to The Riverwood Conservancy’s ability to protect the local environment and connect our community with nature.
– Protect 150 acres of urban nature, including woodlands and wetlands.
– Foster community connections to our natural environment, especially with children and youth.
– Make nature accessible to all through our special needs programming.
You can make a gift on our donate page, and you’ll receive your tax receipt automatically by email. If you prefer to make a donation by phone, please call us at 905-279-5878.
– Become a Riverwood Nature Hero by donating monthly.
– Leave a legacy through planned giving.
– Create a tribute plaque in our Enabling Garden or Pollinator Paradise.
– Donate securities or mutual fund shares – with no capital gains tax – quickly and safely through Canada Helps.
– Leave a gift in your will that supports both TRC and your loved ones. See the impact you can make through the simplified process created by Will Power.
Philanthropy is based on voluntary action for the common good. It is a tradition of giving and sharing that is primary to the quality of life. To ensure that philanthropy merits the respect and trust of the general public, and that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in the non-profit organizations and causes they are asked to support, we declare that all donors have these rights:
I. To be informed of the organization’s mission, of the way the organization intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
II. To be informed of the identity of those serving on the organization’s governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
III. To have access to the organization’s most recent financial statements.
IV. To be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
V. To receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition.
VI. To be assured that information about their donation is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
VII. To expect that all relationships with individuals representing organizations of interest to the donor will be professional in nature.
VIII. To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organization or hired solicitors.
IX. To have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from mailing lists that an organization may intend to share.
X. To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.
Approved by the Board of Directors May 28, 2018.